Before We Say Goodbye: Toshikazu Kawagichi


Before We Say Goodbye by Toshikazu Kawagichi- What a beautiful, heartwarming book that explores emotions of love, regret, sadness, may be gratitude.
In 4 short stories, characters visit a cafe and are taken to their past to relive one memory. The first story is about a man who wants to say something important to his wife who’s in coma, the second is about a pet parent, and third is about a woman who rejects a marriage proposal.
*The 4th and last story is about a college going daughter who wants to apologise to her father for pushing him away, and she wants to tell him how lucky she is to be his daughter.*
Each story stirred up a ton of emotions and I wondered what would I do if I could travel back in time? Who would I like to meet? What would I say?
Then again what’s the point of visiting the past if we can’t change the present? May be to say things we weren’t able, or may be to seek an explanation? Oh the complexities of life, we may never understand I think. But one thing is certain - even if we feel we’re stagnant, time, as a subtle energy, is always moving and time changes everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog